Monday, March 5, 2012

Aveeno Active Naturals Fresh Essentials Anti Fatigue Eye Roller Review

I don't really have problems with fatigue - like puffy eyes...only dark circles, but I thought that I would give this a try because it was all natural, and everyone seems to like Aveeno products.  I have never tried Aveeno before - not even the lotion.  I've always just been a Jergens kind of girl.  This product is a roller ball type of applicator.  I purchased mine from Superstore for $10.99, which is quite reasonable. 


It is formulated with "active naturals" southernwood extract, which is supposed to help keep what's good for the skin in and the bad out. Infuses delicate under eye skin with anti-oxidant Southernwood extract and vitamins A,C and E in a formula to combat the look of dark circles (YAY!).  It also hydrates to immediately brighten the eye.  The roller ball is supposed to help de-puff the under eye area by massaging  it.

The scent is awesome.  I absolutely love it.  It's this light and fruity smell.  I almost want to say freesia, but it's not.  You need to shake it to get the liquid going, otherwise, you're going to be rolling and rolling and nothing will happen.  I guess at least your under eye area will get a good massage.  It smells absolutely fantastic!  I can't describe it.  It's this nice soft fresh scent.  


It rolls on quite cool and it's very soothing.  Though, if your under eye area is dry or the skin under your eyes are sensitive/thin, it'll sting for a little bit.  The past couple of nights, I've been treating this more like a serum and putting on eye cream shortly afterwards.  You do have to be careful because of the roller applicator, the application can be a little unpredictable.  I usually just tilt my head and roll back and forth, to ensure that I can get as close as I can to the last line without actually getting it into my eyes.  Good thing it absorbs so quickly otherwise, if you're an eye rub-ber (or is it rubber?  LOL) like me, you'd get this in your eyes and it'll sting like a pooper!


Not too sure if this truly works for what I was hoping it would do, but then again, I maaaaayyyyyyy have high expectations.  Unfortunately, I had to stop using this after a couple of weeks because I found it really stung my outer eye area and made it a little red.  Not attractive.  I wonder if it's the extract?  I think that it may have acted as an astringent of some sort and hence causing the area to dry out and become a little sensitive. 


Overall, despite my small reaction, I quite like this product.  It has a great fragrance, applied quite easily, absorbed quickly and just "woke up" my eye area.It did reduce the little puffiness that I do have and I think that it helped a little with the dark circles.  If I hadn't had the reaction that I did, I probably would have repurchased this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment