Friday, February 3, 2012

SIGMA BRUSHES HAUL

I finally got on the band wagon and caved.  My initial reaction to these brushes are wow...these things are S-O-F-T!!!!!  I almost don't even want to use them.  I don't want to get them all gunked up and dirty!  Before you all freak, I do wash my brushes, but still!  I purchased four items/sets.  Travel Set, the Essential Set, the Kabuki set and the Sigmax Duo - which by the way is the same as two of the brushes from the Kabuki set.  Talk about going overboard on the band wagon (that I didn't even realize that I had purchased two of the same brushes!).  I probably would have never noticed it until my girlfriend pointed it out.  Talk about embarrassing.  But unfortunately, not untypical for me.  SIGH.


Premium Travel Kit - Hot In Pink (on sale)  $49.00 US (Originally $59.00 US) 

As I've said before, these are extremely soft brushes .  I find that usually, with travel brushes, the quality isn't as good and the brushes are just not near what the regular brushes are.  They are like the little reject brushes that they stick into a fancy travel bag to make them look better.  Not at all with these.  What impressed me most was these are nearly the same size as the regular brushes! This set came with 7 brushes.  None of which included a lip brush.  Which was fantastic!  I usually just need face and eye brushes and absolutely hate how all other sets throw in the lip brushes and the brow brush.  Always feel a little ripped off.  These travel brushes come in this great hot pink magnetic close purse holder.  I don't normally like these types and most like will not be using it when I travel, as I just find them a little bulky.  The comparison picture, is between the Tapered Face travel brush and Angled Kabuki, which is a full sized kabuki brush.  My point is, these travel brushes are not made for little baby hands (thank god!!!!!  Someone is listening!!!)


In order of appearance (left to right):
-  Tapered Face - F25.  Large domed brush with tapered tip.  Ideal for application and blending of powder products, blush, and highlighter.  Natural Bristles.
-  Duo Fibre Powder/Blush - F15.  Medium sized tapered duo fibre brush.  Generates a natural look during blush and highlighter application.  Mix of synthetic and natural bristles.
-  Large Concealer - F56. Large synthetic concealer brush.  Can be used to apply cream-based products to large areas.  Also ideal for application of liquid or cream products.  Synthetic filaments.
-  Large Fluff - E50.  Ideal for applying and blending powder products on the lid, high-lighting and contouring.  Natural bristles.
- Small Tapered Blending - E45.  Small domed brush with highly tapered tip.  Versatile, this brush can be used to apply and blend intense colours into the crease area.  Natural bristles.
- Short Shader - E20.  Flat, short, slightly rounded and dense brush.  Perfect for precisely applying colours on the lid and smudging along the lash line.  Natural bristles.
- Small Eye Liner - E10.  Delivers a precise fine-line along the lash line.  The length and density of the bristles are ideal for creating artistic designs.  Synthetic filaments.




Synthetic Kabuki Kit (and Sigamax Duo) - Sigamax Duo (on sale) $24.00 US (was $32.00), Kabuki Kit is $56.00US 
I've lumped these two kits together because this is where I accidentally purchase two of the same product.  The brushes in the Sigamax Duo are duplicates of what came in the Kabuki Kit (F82 and F84 - second from the top and the bottom brush respectively).  The Kabuki Kit came with 4 brushes.


From Top to Bottom:
- Flat Kabuki - F80.  Ideal for all over application of liquid and cream formulas in large and mostly flat areas of the face, such as the forehead, temples and cheeks.  This brush is perfect to seamlessly buff foundation onto the skin.
- Round Kabuki - F82.  Perfect to comfortably apply liquid and cream foundation on curved areas of the face, specifically around the eyes and nose, on the chin and jaw line.  This brush can also be used for all over application of mineral foundation.
- Tapered Kabuki - F86.  The tapered shape effortlessly applies products on defined and hard to reach areas of the face.  This brush is perfect for all over application of powder, cream and liquid formulas.  It is also ideal for all over primer application, contouring and highlighting.
- Angled Kabuki - F84.  The angled shape of this brush eases the application and blending of cream blushes onto the cheeks.  It can also be used to apply and blend contour shades on the hair line, cheek bones and jaw line.





Essential Kit - $89.00 US

This kit came with 12 brushes (I believe that the older essential kits came with 15 brushes).  This kit is perfect for me because like I said before, I don't really need lip or brow brushes.  When I saw all the face and eye brushes in this kit, I knew that I had to have it! 
From Left to Right:
- Large Powder - F30.  Very dense with a rounded top.  Ideal to apply powder products on face and body.  Natural bristles.
- Duo Fibre - F50.  Specially designed to generate an "airbrushed" finish when used to apply liquid foundation.  Blend of synthetic and natural bristles.
- Large Angled Contour  F40.  The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades.  Natural bristles.
-  Foundation - F60.  Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation.  Recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas.  Synthetic brushes.
-  Tapered Blending - E40.  Rounded and tapered top.  Specially designed to apply and blend colour on the crease.  Natural bristles.
-  Larger Shader - E60.  Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers.  Natural bristles.
-  Concealer - F70.  The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area.  Synthetic bristles.
-  Eye Shading - E55.  Soft and dense with a rounded finish.  Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments.  Natural bristles.
-  Medium Angled Shading - E70.  Angled, tapered, flat top.  Ideal to apply highlight shades underneath the eyebrow and on the inner corners.  Natural bristles.
-  Pencil - E30.  Precise application of colour on the crease, outer corner, upper and lower lash line.  Natural bristles.
-  Small Angle - E65.  Essential for the application of gel or cream eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line.  Synthetic bristles.
-  Eye Liner - E05.  An extra-fine tipped brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke to line the eyes.  Synthetic bristles.



There was a nice little bonus with my purchase (though, I believe that they include this with every purchase, no matter how large or small.)  



Overall, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase because I know, if were to go to MAC and purchase the same brushes, I'd be out quite a bit of money.  I think that these brushes are the same quality for a fraction of the price.  You can purchase the individual brushes, if there are particular ones that you are looking for.  I think that i saved a little bit of money by purchasing the kits, even though, when I look at my train case full of brushes, I'm not quite sure why I purchased them...maybe because I wanted some really nice brushes (though, I must admit, my Quo brushes have lasted me a long time, but they aren't always the softest).  These brushes picked up whatever product I was using very well.  Plus, they came in these beautiful tulle bags!


Check out was easy, shipping was fairly fast, via USPS (tracking number is provided and updated on a regular basis).  I would definitely purchase from here again.


Here is their website!









No comments:

Post a Comment