Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Glymm Box

When I got home today, lo and behold, my Glymm order and Glymm box was sitting, like little lost orphans, outside my condo door.  Very dangerous little boxes of joy, people might steal you!

Time for the first Glymm/beauty box of the year!!!  

There is something notably missing.  Mah Jelly Bellies!!!! Why??? Oh Why???  I wonder if they just forgot to include them in mine or everyones?  I hope that it's everyones, otherwise, I'll once again feel resentment in being left out.  Looking at you, Luxe Box and the Velour eyelashes.  Yes, I said it.  The gauntlets are thrown!  When I first opened it (and put aside my extreme sadness for the loss of my jelly bellies), I felt very...meh.  Doesn't this look like a meh box to you?  Certainly looks a little empty.  I was excited to see a Vasanti product....  This brand seems to be all the rage, but I just haven't been bothered to get myself out or to do the research on where to buy this.

* kaia natural - Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths.  It's supposed to sweep away make up and dirt and oil for clear, fresh skin!  It's soaked in vitamins and made with 99% natural ingredients.  $17.99 for 30 cloths.  I received one in my box.  ($0.60 in value).  I don't really consider this a deluxe sample and I wouldn't really get a good feel as to how good the product is from one use.  I guess that I'll save it for when I go travelling or something.


* Vasanti Cosmetics - BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator.  Full Size :120ml for $34.  My size: 12g ($3.40 in value).  It will dramatically improve your skin's texture to reveal softer, brighter, and younger looking skin.  It's an aloe-enriched cleanser with papaya enzymes to give radiance and exfiolate with dermatologist grade micro crystals.  I dunno, once again, it's a little baby sample.  I just hope that it's 3/4s empty like my Claudlie (sp?) eye cream from last months box.






* Anastasia Beverly Hills - Clear Brow Gel.  Full Size 0.28oz $21.00.  My size: 0.085 ($6.38).  Nuff' said.  It's funny because this is probably the ONE THING that I would never purchase, because I would forget to purchase it.  And now I've got one.  And good brand at that!



*Burt's Bees - Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion.  Full Size : 170g for $12.99.  My size: 7ml.  ($1.07).  I received two of these things.  I like Burt's Bees, so this is nice.  But at the same time....I don't know.  I feel like they copped out by sending out this sample.  Sure, I received two, but still.  I wonder how well they will hold up this winter.  Perhaps I'll even use them tomorrow.  We've just dipped down to below -40 with the wind chill...which means...bring on the cracked skin!  As gross as it sounds, it's the sad reality of living where I live.

*Cargo Cosmetics - Eye Pencil in Black.  Full Size 2g for $16.00.  I received a full sized item.  I was pretty delighted with this until I opened it to swatch it and half of the tip broke off and fell on to my carpet.  It actually draws a fairly thin line, I just made it thicker.  Just by swatching it, I noticed that it wasn't super creamy and went on fairly light.  The swatch below is the result of going back and forth about 4 times.  I have a feeling that it's going to have some pretty good staying power because as I took a wipe to remove it, I really had to rub it on my hand to try and get it off.  I can still faintly see it.  I guess that you can treat this as a good thing - if you can't get it all off, you won't have to do your eyeliner the next day because it's still on!  I am a fan of Cargo cosmetics, so this made me a little happy.

Overall, I must say that I wasn't too happy/impressed with this box.  The only thing that pleases me about Glymm, in general, is that they seem to be fairly consistent with the products that they send out to their members. Boxes don't really vary from person to person.  Yes, I'm still harping on those lashes.  I mean, last month, I don't think that I had ANY variation from what my gf received in her box.  But you win some, you lose some.  Unfortunately, this month, Glymm, you lost.  Though, we'll have to see what LuxeBox throws into the ring.  You may still be the winner.

Oh, before I forget, there was a coupon for a Free Lip Shine with any beauty boutique purchase.  I did order from the boutique last month - post will be going up sometime tomorrow.  But alas, since I'm not a HUGE lip shine/everything person, I just tossed it.  

I'm very excited about next month though.  There will be three contenders for the BEAUTY BOX of the Month title.  And then in the following month, there will be four.  I must be honest, I don't think that I'll keep all four.  My husband will have a hernia with all of the trips that he'll have to make to the post office to pick up my packages.

EDIT: Did anyone else not get a tracking number for their Glymm box?  I got it for my Glymm order, but not the box.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your review! I'm still waiting for my Glymm box to arrive...I've just signed up for Glossybox as well and I really can't wait to see some real competition now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my review! I'm excited for GlossyBox also. I loved your review also!

      Delete