Saturday, January 14, 2012

Impatience is a virtue?

I LOVE shopping online.  Heck, I love shopping.  Period.  Online vs. regular shopping, each has their own excellent virtues.  Regular shopping = instant gratification.  Online shopping is like...magical.  I love receiving packages, it's like getting little surprises - even though you know exactly what you're getting.  Lately, I've ordered a crap load of stuff.  For example, a bunch of EOS lip balms from their online store (hello Holiday Special Limited Editions!!!), 8 pairs of shoes (I'm a shoe-a-holic...you should see my new renovated closet - that's for another day!), some stuff from Glymm, and soon, some Sigma brushes.  Unfortunately, I think that my beauty boxes are going to be shipped next week, which sucks because I think that everything is set to arrive next week.  I don't want all my boxes at once!  It'll be way too overwhelming.  And to have them all arrive at once, it's not cool, I'll have to open all of them at once...and it won't be much of a surprise anymore.  Why not open them one at a time, you ask?  SImple....they sit there, calling my name.  I won't be able to concentrate at work because I'll be thinking about them all day sitting there, on my desk....lonely.... oh so lonely....wanting to be picked next to be opened.....NOT FAIR!!!!  They were all supposed to come one after another, preferably with at least a couple of days in between so I've had time to full absorb the joy that comes from receiving something new.  I've been robbed I tell you!!!  Totally robbed!  So...to compensate, I've been buying things.  My husband is near his breaking point.  I can see it in his eyes.  A fear...like he doesn't even recognize who I am anymore.  Just joking.  It's pretty close though.  Today, I picked up 3 Maybelline Baby Lips (review to follow).  So much for 10 pan again.  Maybe I should just stop pretending that I can do this.  *sad face*  NO!  I can do this....  I believe in myself.  Though, I must admit, the Baby Lips seem very promising.  Okay, I gotta go. I have to go do some more online shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment