Sunday, December 18, 2011

End of the Year! Finally!

Whew.  I haven't posted in a while.  Maybe it's a good thing - haven't had much to bitch about I suppose.  No, that's not true.  I guess I've turned to real people bitching as opposed to online bitching.  Why not bitch to friends who will response with things, "damn, you're so right, girlfriend!".   Okay, maybe not.  Anyways, I just wanted to say hi before the end of year...and to let you all know that I've been rethinking the direction of my blog.  Now, I love gaming and beauty.  I know, totally weird right.  I actually had a really close girlfriend of mine comment about it.  She said that I was probably one of the weirdest people she knows - I can go from talking about CoD to nail polish without taking a breath.  Maybe it's true.  Or maybe I have ADD.  Anyways, I'm hoping to talk actually about gaming and do some beauty reviews.  I love to shop - which may be a little hindered over the next 6 months (more on that later)...but I will do my best!  I already know of some things that I want to blog about - I just have to find a good set up where I can take my pictures!  Well, at least for my beauty stuff.

Being shopping handicapped for a little bit.  Well, we had bought our current car about 6 years ago for about $10000 - Nissan Pathfinder (those babies aren't cheap!).  Anyways, it was already about 4 years old.  6 years later, we're facing a $8000 maintenance bill.   Just general stuff.  My husband has been trying (and patiently so!) to explain to me what needs to be done.  A couple of things that I knew about - windshield and tires need replacing, something about the case or box that the transmission sits in needs replacing...our dashboard light goes out intermittently (which is like a $1300 repair in itself.  Seriously - $66 part, but the rest is labor).  Brakes need replacing, shocks need replacing...ugh!  So...we've decided to instead of spending $8000 for a $10000 car, we are now going to buy a new car - but we probably need to replace in about 6 months.  YIPES!  Anxiety!

BUT.....fear not my friends, I've already pre purchased a bunch of stuff that I can definitely blog about Revlon Lip Butters - which seems to be the hottest things around right now - we'll see about that.  Which is kind of funny because I'm not a huge lipstick/etc type of girl.  I'm a plain jane chapstick type.  Beauty Boxes - to which I can currently subscribed to three of them (I think that there are only three offered in Canada - if there are more, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!  Topbox.ca (I will not get my first box until about March...can't really figure out why but whatever.  Glymm.com (soon to arrive!!!  In time for Xmas!) and loose button.com - their box is called LuxeBox.  It said that it was supposed to ship 14th-16th but I have yet to receive any kind of shipping information.  Weird.  Anyways, those are monthly subscriptions, so it'll at least force me blog at least once a month about those suckers...and give my thoughts.

Yes, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment